I am
    Musician
    I am
    Sound designer

Skill level
    Semi-pro

Slowly But Surely (Bumping Remix)

A track I made a couple of years ago that I like

I've just finished my first video clip for a song (very amateur effort lol)...but I'd like to do a video clip for this one now

[MP3]http://www.soundpeak.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=225&d=1388997359[/MP3]

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Audi01; 01-06-2014 at 09:50 AM.

I am
    Audio engineer
    I am
    Mastering engineer
    I am
    Musician
    I am
    Sound designer

Skill level
    Semi-pro
    I like it.
    It's: dreamy, blue, moving, ocean/sea, relaxing, summery, life...

I am
    Musician

Skill level
    Amateur
    Had a good listen to your remix. I have no idea what the original sounded like so take all this with a very large pinch of salt.

It is not the type of music I usually listen to so I am no expert, yet the first thing that striked to me was the quality of the sound. The reverb on the first (long) intro is really gold!!
    I must admit I jumped ahead a few times.. this is obviously music not made to be listened to but to be danced to (obviously to me, of course.. subjective statement, I know) and the groove is carried along really well through the entire track.

So, no criticisms? Well.. just 1.

I don't have big loud dancefloor disco type of monitoring system but my subwoofer goes down to 35Hz and what I felt was a lack of real low end... that sub-low freq. that on the dancefloor makes your ribcage move in sync with the beat.
    In here there seems to be little information below the 50Hz mark which is great for small speakers and most bedroom studios but on the dancefloor you'd need a heavier kick down below.

Other than that, as I said, great sounding mix

I am
    Audio engineer
    I am
    DJ
    I am
    Musician
    I am
    Sound designer

Skill level
    Semi-pro
    Thanks guys

Nice pick up goes to the non-dancer! lol I missed that moose and agree there.

I didn't pick up on the missing sub...as usual...my monitoring setup hasn't been the best. Just the other day I got a pair of the best quality headphones I've ever owned. Not the pro class but Senheiser HD380s which are decent enough.

So I've re-mastered the track...hopefully it's not as bad now with the sub levels and is a bit brighter overall.

Couldn't work out how to delete files from the upload manager, so I've only got it SC -->

Interested to know if what I did worked?

Last edited by Audi01; 01-07-2014 at 09:19 AM.

I am
    Musician

Skill level
    Amateur
    Just had a good listen to your new mix and I am kind of baffled...
    OK.. my ears are not as good as I would like and my monitoring system is well.. forget it.. still, I was hoping I could hear some differences.. and no matter as hard or as loud as I played the two mix to compare them, the sounded same to me. Perhaps after a while the new mix sounded a little thicker and with slightly more weight at the low end but I wonder if it was my imagination or my willingness to hear some changes rather than real differences.

So.. I have 3 possible answers..
    1- you did change things so lightly and subtle that my poor ears and monitoring systems can't detect
    2- you're fooling us to belive you made changes but you did not
    3- you fooled yourself to believe you made changes but you did not
    4- I should stop making comments and giving advice because I can't hear a bloody thing (thsi one is possibly the truest one but it won't count because I said above I have 3 possibile anwers, so you can't choose it)

I am
    Audio engineer
    I am
    DJ
    I am
    Musician
    I am
    Sound designer

Skill level
    Semi-pro
    lol moose

thanks for listening again and replying

damn I was hoping that did the job...

The change is not very subtle in the low end and subtle in the top end. I was hoping that would translate to the dance-kick-thump-warmth etc...but it hasn't??? hmpff

I'm going to have it mastered by someone else. I need to fix this before I send it!

I am
    Musician

Skill level
    Amateur
    Hold on hold on hold on a bloody second (or 3).

Please don't consider my comments as "the way it is" because it is not. The above is just my own opinion, not "the fact".
    Before you launch yourself into anything, gain others opinion about it. I might be (most likely) wrong. What I said above is what I hear (or don't) and not necessarily how things are.

I am sure there are others here much more knowledgeable than myself and with a much better ear and monitoring system than I do.. get second (and third and fourth) opinion before making steps.

I am
    Musician

Skill level
    Semi-pro
    please make me a 3 minute version and leave out the bass parts so i can play guitar and bass to it

I am
    Audio engineer
    I am
    DJ
    I am
    Musician
    I am
    Sound designer

Skill level
    Semi-pro
    kk dope give me a little time pls

I spend so few hours per month now on the DAW and many of them now have to go to some work as I'm releasing some tracks!! News to come on that later

I am
    Audio engineer
    I am
    DJ
    I am
    Musician
    I am
    Sound designer

Skill level
    Semi-pro
    ty guys

I'm having this track mastered professionallly. Someone from the past island has offered some help!

It will be up @ soundcloud when it's done but this time I can't use a commons license...

Thread Information