Thread: UAD pluggins

I am
    Musician
    I am
    Sound designer

Skill level
    Amateur

UAD pluggins

Ive always heared that they were the best from others.... these fantastic recreations of hardware that costs a mint to maintain because they are filled with vacuum valves, and now ive finally got my hands on some plugs from universal audio..........................
    SO in a few days when all the transactions settle the dust clears out of my ears and i have time in my schedule for things that i want out of life, i will have a UAD holiday. I actually bought 90% of the plugs from the roland space echo to the fairchild compressors, which is cool.

i will of course let you know how they sound compared to the garden variety weeds that are the VST pluggins. Im sure they are not as elite as what uad make them out to be. Hopefully all of that digital hacksaw that has become a pain in my ears will instantly disappear and i will hear the sounds of smooth and warm and loud and clear. No more smashed up ... no more punched to bits and mowed like grass.

so here is to making more music in the future... dont give up on that goal.... keep going....

and even after all these years dealing with digital audio i can still not spell the word pluggin correctly.

regards to all.

I am
    Audio engineer
    I am
    DJ
    I am
    Musician
    I am
    Sound designer

Skill level
    Semi-pro
    funny you mention that r00n

I've just been assisted by Oz who has gone over UAD with me recently. I believe waves VST are amateur plugs and these types of setups (the UAD) are the real deal. I haven't got a UAD yet but when I do (I think it's the best option...UAD1's are no longer available after DEC this year...so buy one now and buy plugins before they're no longer sold....ebay $50-$100) I am confident the sound will be what I've been looking for all these years. I'm kicking myself in the pants for missing out on this quality all these years.

I am
    Musician
    I am
    Sound designer

Skill level
    Amateur
    the daw is up and running with a uad quad inside and I am in a syndicate that gives me access to all uad plugs. I have had the opportunity to briefly learn about and use some of the mastering and modulation plugs. My knowledge of them is gained by only a few hours on youtube tutorials and a tweak of a knob or two...

First thing I notice is that I am getting a really rich sound. Improved by about 15% on that digital shit. The second thing is that the cpu meter hasn't moved despite the fact that I now have some heavy verbs and about 6 compressors etc all inserted.

I think I could get this sound with standard plugs alone... but I would need to layer many waves etc plugins over the top of each other and do other tricks. The cpu meter would be maxxed.

the lexicon 224 is very nice.
    ocean way ... what a verb... and didn't even touch the cpu...

the mastering plugins are sweet but I don't really know how to use them yet...
    I keep clipping the material and don't know which plug will limit it for me.
    back to the youtube sessions...

LA2a... wow... I see what the hype was all about
    la3a... yeah I got that ....n and pultec and Fairchild and manley massive passive (sweetest eq ever)
    neve... nuff said
    api, ssl, and roland space echo... ( the soundtoys echo boy is very close to this)

all here... and better than counterparts in waves.. clearer... warmer... vintage... noisey...

I am
    Musician

Skill level
    Semi-pro
    sounds like somebody is stepping his game up.......

I am
    Audio engineer
    I am
    DJ
    I am
    Musician
    I am
    Sound designer

Skill level
    Semi-pro
    ok im going off to my room to cry now

maaaaaaaaaaam can i haz UAD for my birrrrthdaayyyy pleeeease

I am
    Musician
    I am
    Sound designer

Skill level
    Amateur
    Ok i have to come back to this.
    After just one week.
    I can hear a huge difference. What i am listening for is quickly attained with UAD plugz. They are sweet.
    i know this topic been dragged out of the topic closet countless times already.
    Always basically on all forums i have read the same replies.
    There always some hawks who despises one or the other , an eagle on uad or a jock for waves while some hippy calls for peace and says its all in his neumann microphone.
    Doesn't some desert island dweller always come forward and say you don't need anything but a good song?
    The village idiot does a dance.
    I find all these veiled jock-based team sports get really tiresome as you get older as we argue the versus war, but i am not about that here.

Waves hurts my ears like a fu%|>}!ing brainsaw, uad does not. I can finally hear what a compressor does and enjoy the result.
    Wtf was i doing all this time

I am
    Audio engineer
    I am
    DJ
    I am
    Musician
    I am
    Sound designer

Skill level
    Semi-pro
    ha lol I knew it