Admin

I am
    Audio engineer
    I am
    Musician

Skill level
    Semi-pro

TranceDrive - free subtractive synth (VST)

TranceDrive is a subtractive synthesizer, that was build for Trance music. It has built in supersaw oscillators for really fat synths and pads, harsh filters, a trancegate and a huge reverb effect.

TranceDrive

Features

• 3 main oscillators
    • each main oscillator supports 6 waveforms: sine, saw, triangle, pulse, saw7, cry
    • the waveform "saw7" is a supersaw with 7 detunable sub oscillators
    • the waveform "cry" is an experimental waveform, it is built up with several hardsynced saws
    • main oscillator 2 has an additional unisono mode, when it is enabled, the whole oscillator triples its voice and the voices can be detuned from each other
    • the oscillators can be chained (osc1 to osc2 and osc2 to osc3) using FM, PM and sync, these 3 options can also be used at the same time
    • seperate noise oscillator
    • 3 LFOs, each supports 5 waveforms: sine, saw, triangle, pulse, sample and hold
    • the LFOs can be synchronized to the host tempo or run free at a specific frequency
    • each LFO can control multiple parameters of each OSC, you can even assign several LFOs to the same parameter
    • LFO1 can control the filter cutoff
    • 2 Envelope generators (Mod & Amp) with variable shapes
    • the modulation envelope can control multiple parameters of each OSC, and it can also be mixed with the LFOs. Additionally it can control the filter cutoff
    • 3 types of filters: lowpass, highpass and bandpass
    • each filter type can be set to 6dB, 12dB, 18dB and 24dB steepness
    • 9 effects, and they can be used at the same time: gater, chorus, phaser, flanger, distortion, delay, reverb, equalizer, stereo-effects
    • each of the unused parts of the synth is shown with less contrast, so you can focus on the active parts
    • the output of the synth can be clipped to avoid overdriving noise. The clipping is done with a soft limiter, that can be used to compress the whole synth sound (just enable clip and turn up the main volume)

Demo

Website & Download

There will come a time when you've tried everything you're not and the only thing left will be what you are

I am
    Audio engineer
    I am
    Mastering engineer
    I am
    Musician
    I am
    Sound designer

Skill level
    Semi-pro
    looks promising, will install it and report back
    thanks Alpha

EDIT:ok, so tested it with sx3 & cubase 5 and it crashes both so nice sounds but cant get it to work
    Last edited by logic; 11-25-2013 at 05:25 PM.

Admin

I am
    Audio engineer
    I am
    Musician

Skill level
    Semi-pro
    great... looking forward to your feedback.

If you like the VST, maybe you want to create some presets, so we could release a soundpeak TranceDrive preset pack.
    Who knows, maybe other members would like to join and create some presets aswell ?
    There will come a time when you've tried everything you're not and the only thing left will be what you are

I am
    Audio engineer
    I am
    Mastering engineer
    I am
    Musician
    I am
    Sound designer

Skill level
    Semi-pro
    i updated the reply
    see EDIT

Admin

I am
    Audio engineer
    I am
    Musician

Skill level
    Semi-pro
    Hmmm.. crashing ain't so nice... Too bad i am on MacOS, so i can't test it...

I should setup a PC environment, so i can test VST stuff too

Thread Information