I am
    Musician
    I am
    Sound designer

Skill level
    Semi-pro

Nektar Panorama P1 - P6

Hy my friends,

Today I would like to present you a very interesting midi controller Keyborad.

The panorama of the company Nektar.

Three variants of this midi controller actually are available, and has been developed and tailored particularly to Propellerheads Reason 6.x.

Of course, the panorama can be used with any DAW, but for Reason are some particularities exist.

The P1 is a clean Controller without any piano keys and the P4 / P6 comes with an 100mm Motorfader and depending on the version the P4 have 49 keys and the P6 have 61 keys.
    All three versions have a A crystal clear 3.5" color TFT display for corresponding to the DAW and display you actually all settings you have set.

Here is the P1 Controller

Here is the P4 Controller the P6 version differs only in the number of keys!

here iss what Propellerheads think about the Nektar Panorama series...

and here you can see the Integration to Reason...

Finaly i must say this can be a big step for a better workflow in Reason and give you more creativity to the essential " music making" and not configuring out any knobs with the mouse
    Sure, not all can be done without a look to the Monitor or make a click with the Mouse but this can be minimized and many thinks can quick selcted by the Controller in a Intuitive way.

Iīm plan to buy the P4 in the near future to get a taste of this workflow.
    The Prizes actually for the P1 259.- € , P4 399.- € and the P6 479.- €

If i have one, i give you a new review of this fine looking controller.

Admin

I am
    Audio engineer
    I am
    Musician

Skill level
    Semi-pro
    Looks cool.... I am looking forward to the full review, tho i am not sure if you can keep your fingers of it once you own it... hehehe
    There will come a time when you've tried everything you're not and the only thing left will be what you are

I am
    Audio engineer
    I am
    Musician
    I am
    Singer

Skill level
    Amateur
    It looks handy ... I use a bcf2000 .. Panorama seems more modern.

I am
    Audio engineer
    I am
    DJ
    I am
    Musician
    I am
    Sound designer

Skill level
    Semi-pro
    yes this looks way cool...it says for Reason but I wonder what they are like with Studio One/Logic etc..

I am
    Musician
    I am
    Sound designer

Skill level
    Semi-pro
    thx Shadow,

every alternate info about usefuel master controller and Daw integration are interesting for me and each other who cares.

The special thing that differs all other Controllers from the Panorama is the use of Propellerheads integrated ReMote protocol to exchange information between the Hard & Software.
    In addition, the panorama has specifically for Reason buttons to easily switch between mixer, rack, piano roll, etc. to change.
    Combined with the 3.5 "display and the motor fader, the panorama is for Reason users most unique yet.
    I donīt need it for Life performances, i need it to get a better workflow between hard-and software in the creating prozess. Thatīs most impotant to me.
    The easy integration and the opportunities of this hardware makes it for every Reason User particularly interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by highqf View Post
    yes this looks way cool...it says for Reason but I wonder what they are like with Studio One/Logic etc..
    You can use it same as any normal Midi controller for any Daw you like. But some of the features works only with Reason.
    Last edited by eXzez; 10-24-2013 at 07:15 PM.

I am
    Musician
    I am
    Sound designer

Skill level
    Semi-pro

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWarrior View Post
    What ever suits your need best, is the best. I will say, if you see more potential for you, with the Panorama, then ......... You know the rest

I do not use my controller only with Reason. But also with Cubase and some VSTi's. So for me, the automap feature of the Novations Gear is nearly perfect for my workflow. Question cause you said faders. Are all faders on the Panorama motor faders or just the one on the left?
    sorry my mistake, i mean only one fader locatet on the left are motorfaded, all others are of course without this feature.
    For such prize this one would be a MegaHotDeal... Haha

I am
    Audio engineer
    I am
    DJ
    I am
    Musician
    I am
    Sound designer

Skill level
    Semi-pro
    Are motorized faders problematic? Or are the all built really well and last a long time? I've always been hesitant to buy one of them because I figure one day sooner than later they will break...

I am
    Musician
    I am
    Sound designer

Skill level
    Semi-pro
    Quote Originally Posted by highqf View Post
    Are motorized faders problematic? Or are the all built really well and last a long time? I've always been hesitant to buy one of them because I figure one day sooner than later they will break...
    donīt know if this Motorfaders are problematic or not self i havenīt such one anytime so i must figure it out if the fader works properly for a long time or not.
    But i see this feature as an goody and not as must have.
    Therefore I have no exaggerated expectations and hope for the best.

Thread Information