Pro Tools Expert Podcast 152
02-03-2015 12:41 PM
Russ Hughes, Mike Thornton, and James Ivey bring you a bumper show catching up with talking points, tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Titles We Like
- With over 4000 entries we have a winner of the Dynaudio speaker system - Erik Karlsson from Sweden.
- Win An Audient ASP880 8 Channel Microphone Preamplifier And ADC
Sonnox Community Awards
We have a number of Sonnox Community Awards to present….
- October 2014 - William Wittman
- November 2014 - Owen Olivr aka Bornoir
- December 2014 - Rex Strother
- January 2015 - John Christopher (Tunez)
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
- 8 Tips For Getting A Great Bass Guitar Sound
- 5 Plug-ins That Perform Audio Tricks And Are Worth Checking Out
- James’ personal report on NAMM 2015
- Some Users Are Now Unable To Use Plugin Update - Can You Help Please? Whilst we were recording the show Shane posted a comment on our blog “PluginUpdate is back online and should be working again as soon as the new DNS propagates to your ISP. If it’s not working, simply restarting your computer may do the trick now”.
- 5 Habits Of A Great Session Player
- Control Pro Tools Plug-ins With A MIDI Controller & Controllermate Software In Pro Tools 11
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
- Jago James wanted to let us know about some programmable USB keypads that are only available for Windows
- Matt Blue wanted us to forward a neat trick for Logic Pro users to our colleagues at Logic Pro Expert with a technique for converting the UAD Factory presets for Logic Pro to the .au preset in Logic Pro format.
- Sami Sirvio contacted us to tell us that URS have announced an AAX 64 bit version of their saturation plug-in. Lets hope this is a sign of things to come.
- Chris Linder asked us to give a shootout for the new Zynaptiq Morph 2 plug-in which they previewed at NAMM this year.
Questions - Kindly Sponsored by Alchemea
- Alchemea are running a Surround Dubbing, Metering & Deliverables Course with Skill set funding available too.
- Kevin De Wit is having problems with Pro Tools choosing different hardware seemingly randomly. Do we have any suggestions?
- Matt Greaves wanted our advice about changing the hardware to connect to his Apollo Twin.
- Dave Humphries is having problems with keyboard shortcuts in Plug-in windows in Pro tools 10.3.9 with Mavericks.
- Anns Bertmark has migrated from Nuendo to Pro Tools and is having some issues with shortcuts.
- There is also an excellent site called Pro Tools Keyboard Shortcuts
- One of brand partners Editors Keys make keyboards with the shortcuts printed on them
- If you prefer a dedicated hardware solution then check out the Hotkey Matrix from DNA Music Labs
- Ryan Stewart wanted to know, with the introduction of SSD drives, do we still need to use external drives for sample libraries.
Find Of The Week
- Russ - NAMM 2015: Arturia AudioFuse Audio Interface Video Preview
- Mike - London City Sounds From Wildtrack Sound Library
- James - Neve 1073 500 series preamp….. Sounds so good.
Listen on to the Pro Tools Expert Podcast on iTunes
Download the Pro Tools Expert Podcast as an MP3
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)