Universal Audio Introduces New Apollo Expanded Software - Powerful Expandable System
01-22-2015 11:09 AM
Our friends at Universal Audio have announced a major new release of the Apollo software that offers some excellent new features.
With Apollo Expanded, users of Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin, Apollo DUO, Apollo QUAD, and Apollo 16 audio interfaces can freely combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices — adding I/O and DSP as their studio grows.
Apollo Expanded also brings the introduction of Console 2.0 software, giving Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo users dynamic new workflow options, with more than 25 new user-requested features.
Apollo Expanded — Key Features:
- “Mix and Match” up to four Apollos (any model) over Thunderbolt (Mac)
- Simple Thunderbolt cable connection between units
- Combine up to six UAD-2 devices per system
- New Flex Driver lets users customize Core Audio I/O — name, save, and share presets for different hardware setups and DAWs
- Star clocking over Thunderbolt distributes high-quality clock to all Apollos
Console 2.0 Software — Key Features:
- New high-resolution / Retina-compatible 64-bit software interface for Thunderbolt equipped Apollos
- Channel Strip presets lets users see, save, and recall UAD plug-in chains
- Numerous monitoring improvements including Alternate Monitors, new Control Room functions, and enhanced headphone cue management
- New UAD plug-in categories and individual Show/Hide functionality
- Enhanced plug-in features such as preset auditioning and drag & drop functionality
- Per-input Record/Monitor effect switching
- Multi-level Undo and Redo for plug-in assignments and parameters
Apollo Expanded is part of upcoming UAD Software v8.0, which, in addition to Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite compatibility, also adds all-new plug-in categories to the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)