McDSP Announces v6 Plug-ins - VST Support And More
01-21-2015 10:02 PM
Our friends at McDSP have announced v6 of their excellent plug-ins. The new update offers:
- Support for VST and VST3 plug-in formats.
- New user interface features
- Faster loading times, and algorithm optimizations across all formats are just some of the improvements in the v6 release.
- Enhanced support for the Avid S6 and S3 control surfaces.
- Artist presets from the likes of Dave Pensado, Kevin Churko, Joe Barresi, and many others are also included.
The McDSP v6 release also comes with significant sonic improvements. All AU and VST versions of McDSP v6 plug-ins now use the same algorithms previously only found on the Pro Tools AAX DSP and AAX Native versions.
McDSP founder Colin McDowell says
“We knew support for every major plug-in format had to be great where it counted - the sound”The new AU and VST v6 versions, like their AAX counterparts, have a 64-bit audio path for maximum fidelity, realtime control smoothing just like analog gear, and the ability to operate above 0 dB to handle the hottest of mixes without clipping.
The McDSP v6 release will be available in March 2015. McDSP v6 upgrade pricing will be:
- v5 to v6: $15 (HD or Native)
- v4 to v6: $69 Native, $89 HD
Customers purchasing v5 upgrades or plug-ins after January 2 2015 will receive free v5 to v6 upgrades. More information about the new McDSP v6 product line is available at www.mcdsp.com.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)