Source Elements Release Source-Connect 3.8.1 Update & Yosemite Support For Source-Nexus
12-18-2014 10:17 AM
Impressive Demo Of Source-Connect From the AES Trade Show Floor To Chicago
The team at Source Elements decided to demonstrate a live vocal overdub with a vocalist in Chicago being recorded on the AES trade show floor in Los Angeles, using cellphone data paths and a clever aggregating device. Check out the video.
Source-Connect 3.8.1 Update
There is a free update for all owners of Source-Connect 3.8 that is now available. There are some great new features that Source Elements have added to Source-Connect to make it even more powerful.
- Support for OSX 10.10 Yosemite
- 64-bit AAX support for Pro Tools 11
- 64-bit VST support for Nuendo
- Remote Transport Sync support for 64-bit applications
- New security features for corporate networks
New For Source-Connect Standard
- Receive buffer setting. Great for bridging and low-latency conversations.
- Subscription option for Standard version - They now have a subscription option from $35 a month. With this option you don’t need an iLok required or to purchase of a license outright and the monthly fee includes Support and upgrades. Click here to find out more.
For Pro X Users
- 3, 4, 5, 6 and 5.1 and 7.1 channels
- Send SMTPE timecode along with stereo audio
- Or send multiple mics - the possibilities are endless.
Source-Connect 3.8.1 Upgrade pricing
If you are still on 3.7 then there are upgrade options to get these new features.
- Pro X: $267
- Pro: $178
- Standard: $89
Source-Nexus For Yosemite
Currently available for Pro Tools 10 and 11 64-bit AAX on the Mac platform, Source-Nexus is a neat application to help with application integration for Pro audio users and their studio environment.
Try The Free Version Of Source-Nexus
You can try their free Driver with your Mac as a virtual audio device and the good news is that it is now supported for Mac OSX 10.10 Yosemite. Source Elements tell us that support for Audio Units and VST will be out soon.
“Patch in” any software such as synths, other stand alone audio processing software, phone applications, metering, encoders, decoders, external processors, other audio workstations, video editors, even a browser web page, in fact anuthing that isn’t available to you as a plug-in within Pro Tools. Its especially useful for getting Source-Connect Now to record the audio direct into Pro Tools.
Try the Source-Nexus Trial here
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)