Native Instruments Announce MASCHINE 2.2 - Many New Features
11-25-2014 07:09 PM
The team at Native Instruments have announced MASCHINE 2.2 software with the following new features.
SCALES AND CHORDS
MASCHINE 2.2 extends Keyboard Mode with a new scale and chord engine – fully integrated into the MASCHINE workflow. Simply select your scale and start playing melodies on MASCHINE’s 16 ultra-sensitive pads that are always in key. Engage Chord Mode and play chords directly into your compositions.
MASCHINE 2.2 extends Note Repeat into a fully-functional arpeggiator. Play any number of notes and let MASCHINE turn them into a melodic pattern. Use the arpeggiator in combination with Scale and Chord Modes and get polyphonic performances from just one key – always in tune. What’s more, the output of the arpeggiator is recorded into the Pattern Editor – perfect for post-performance editing.
MASCHINE 2.2 gives you full keyboard functionality within the MASCHINE environment. Press browse on your KOMPLETE KONTROL keyboard and the KOMPLETE Browser pops up on your computer screen, letting you select and load a sound directly into a sound slot in MASCHINE. Watch scales, chords, and arpeggios light up across KOMPLETE KONTROL’s Light Guide™, see the color of your sounds in MASCHINE directly on the keyboards, and get perfectly-mapped parameters instantly with Native Map™.
GRIT ENGINE IN KICK DRUM SYNTH
The Grit kick is a modern, versatile electronic kick drum. Tuned loose, it’s deep, open, boomy, and airy. Tightened up, it adds punch and heft. At high tunings, it can become gritty and bitcrushed – great for IDM and electro styles.
NEW SHAKER PERFORMER MODE IN PERCUSSION DRUM SYNTH
Hold down a note, and the highly innovative Performer creates natural-sounding shaker patterns automatically. Tweak the feel of the groove in real time, and add fills and syncopated riffs, with adjustable swing, shuffle, and groove. Incredibly powerful for live performances.
Also new in MASCHINE 2.1:
- Sounds accessible on pads on sample recording screen
- A batch function to set all sounds in a group to the same MIDI channel.
- MIDI export available on the Group and Sound levels
- Undocked NI plug-in windows can be pinned to remain active when not in focus
- Scenes can be selected/triggered via MIDI input when MASCHINE is running standalone
- Mix page on MASCHINE and MASCHINE MK2 controllers has been expanded and now provides access to level and pan settings for groups and sounds A setting that only turns the metronome on when the Record button is enabled
- Real time group erase function.
- Shift functions allow fast scroll browsing.
- Play quantize option –notes played live on the pads are quantized in real time
- Control software views from the navigate page on MASCHINE and MASCHINE STUDIO controllers
- Instantiating the first plug-in on an empty sound updates the name of that sound to the plug-in name Sound, group volume & pan knobs are only displayed on hover
- ALT+Drag for copy-pasting single elements (patterns, scenes, plug-ins) in the Groups / Sounds lists and the plug-in chain
- Browser performance improvements
- Numerous bug fixes, as well as performance and stability improvements
How To Get Native Instruments MACHINE 2.2
Current MASCHINE 2 software owners can update free. Owners of MASCHINE 1.x who register KOMPLETE 10, KOMPLETE 10 ULTIMATE or a KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series also get a free MASCHINE 2.2 download. More information here
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)