Thread: Animoog.

I am
    Musician
    I am
    Sound designer

Skill level
    Amateur

Animoog.

The only virtual instrument that Moog has put it name to is the animoog.
    It is only on ipad
    And it it superb.
    The sound is special.
    I think you will like it.

The way you play it on a touchpad is phenomenal. Aftertouch has a new dimension and the sound just rips. I bought a ipad just for this machine. No i didnt really. I was lying and joking. I was given the iPad. No thats not true either. I stole the iPad. But that shouldn't detract from the fact that this synth is one of the best soft synths of all time, and i think I've previewed as many as Mr White from sound on sound magazine, i just never got around to typing up that because most of them where freeware shit made with synthedit default patch.

There isnt any Wow patches that scream off with gated arpegiated sonic orgasms, just sensible usable leads and basses that are so playable. Goodbye modwheel , goodbye pitchbend, this synth is all of that. The way the sysex midi is incorporated into the touchpad makes every sound feel really played , human to touch, like you are playing a real instrument. Well thats not really true. I was exaggerating, but its pretty good.

Its like bending a string, sliding the trombone, plucking a 100000 volt wire between the transformer, peeling the skin of an alive cat kind of sound that is mixed with a bit too much digital delay feedback.

Ive not been this excited about a synth for ages.

Admin

I am
    Audio engineer
    I am
    Musician

Skill level
    Semi-pro
    I can imagine how much fun it is, to use the controls on a touchpad, not having to wiggle the mouse around or using knobs and faders.

So i guess we can expect some music from you in the future, made with Animoog !?

I am
    Musician

Skill level
    Semi-pro
    too bad its only for ipad.. would like to try it on my toshiba thrive!

I am
    Musician
    I am
    Sound designer

Skill level
    Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by alphatonez View Post
    I can imagine how much fun it is, to use the controls on a touchpad, not having to wiggle the mouse around or using knobs and faders.

So i guess we can expect some music from you in the future, made with Animoog !?
    Well modded alphatonez .
    Yes i heve purchased this synth and all of the expansions. Ive been playing it with fingers and not using midi sequencing with computer timing. I really like the humaness of that and ive started to multitrack it without quantisation with real drums.

Dope the dood.
    My opinion of the ipad is rather poor. The only reason i possess one is because of my work and i was gifted one so that i can teach and test it. It does have native audio and core midi which makes far less latency than android... But for everyday office and education work, the android tablets win.

Thread Information