Pro Tools Expert Podcast 133
09-09-2014 08:44 AM
Russ, Mike, Neil and James are back to bring you another show with talking points, tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Titles We Like
- Win A FabFilter Total Bundle Or The New Pro-Q 2 EQ Plug-in - 1st prize the FabFilter total Bundle and 2 runners up prizes of their brilliant new EQ plug-in the Pro-Q 2
- 5 Chances To Win A Copy Of Acon Digital’s DeVerberate Plug-in - 5 copies of their dereverb plug-in which we had on a deal back in July.
- Win A Life Time Subscription To Musistic - A New Cross Platform Collaboration Plug-in A new take on collaboration across any DAW win a subscription for life.
- Synchro Arts Vocalign Project 3 £120 - 40% Off For Two Weeks Only!
- Sound Effects 3D Audio IR1 Impulse Response Set - £48
- Acon Digital Restoration Suite £39 - 33% Discount
- Joey Waronker Drums From Loop Loft With Exclusive Pro Tools Sessions £32 - 33% Discount
Sonnox Community Award
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
- Universal Audio 1176LN Hardware Limiter Versus UAD1176LN Plug-In Shoot Out
- Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S-Series Keyboards - Do We Need Another Controller Keyboard? First Look Review
- Raid Drives Explained
- Some Hidden Benefits Of Switching To SSD And Why I Would Never Go Back To Hard Drives
- Avid Apply For Patent On ‘Smart’ Recording Algorithm
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
- RSPE are continuing to offer a summer rebate on Royer ribbon mics They have another in their virtual hardware series the virtual System 5 channel strip
- Andres Gonzalez offers a tip for using the stock plug-ins to emulate dynamic equalisers like the Sonnox SuprEsser DS using duplicate tracks and stock compressors and eq plug-ins which is similar in concept to parallel compression.
- Mark P pointed out that there is a way of getting computer audio into your monitoring with an HD Omni interface.
- Britton Murray tells us about after a near miss he remembered about iLok’s TLC service as part of ZDT.
- Glenn Skinner with a tip about setting up default output busses to save missing a track when bouncing to tracks.
Questions - Kindly Sponsored by Alchemea
- Already got a music tech qualification and are struggling to break into the competitive audio job market? Why not up skill with Alchemea College’s intensive 4 month diploma in Audio Post Production and Game sound - enrolling now for October
- Matt North is having problems with OMFs from one contributor unless they are opened directly in Pro Tools.
- Daniel Lewis - problems with a 3rd party numeric keyboard not working with most Command based shortcuts
- Matt Greaves - Would I be OK to change from a Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 to an Apollo Twin?
- Timo Saila - needs to process 250 clips with eq, gating and processing and then export them as 250 files in one folder.
Find Of The Week
- Mike - Nugen Audio Loudness Kit 40% off
- Neil - Audinate Dante Via
- James - The iOxBoom from Latchlake & IO Mounts. Simple but very clever.
- Russ - Pro Tools 11 at launch now enables you to update Avid plug-ins whilst PT is running.
Listen on to the Pro Tools Expert Podcast on iTunes
Download the Pro Tools Expert Podcast as an MP3
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)