FabFilter Have Released Their Pro-Q 2 Plug-in - Now You Can Check It Out For Yourself
08-28-2014 11:35 AM
Our friends at FabFilter have released, as promised, the new version of their amazing Pro-Q EQ plug-in. The new features include Full Screen mode, unique Natural Phase processing, Auto Gain, Spectrum Grab, Gain-Q interaction and slope support for all filter types make Pro-Q 2 better than its predecessor.
Completely Redesigned From the Ground Up
This is no little upgrade, the team at FabFilter have completely redesigned the internal filter engine which not only improves the existing zero latency and linear phase modes but also makes it possible to add a new natural phase mode and have filter slopes from 6dB per octave to a massive 96dB per octave.
FabFilter Pro-Q 2 Fey Features
- Natural Phase mode to perfectly match the magnitude response of analog EQ’ing while also closely matching the analog phase response, without noticeable pre-ring or a long latency
- Full Screen mode for super-precise adjustments
- Spectrum Grab: just grab and adjust a peak in the real-time spectrum analyser right away!
- Universal slope support for all filter types, for example enabling users to make ultra-narrow bell filters or very steep shelves including 18, 30, 36, 72 and 96dB/oct.)
- Highly improved Linear Phase mode, offering a better magnitude response and smooth changes without zipper effects
- New EQ filter types: Tilt Shelf and Band-Pass, in addition to the existing Bell, High/Low Cut, High/Low Shelf and Notch filter shapes
- Gain-Q interaction option: when enabled, Q and gain influence each other in a pleasant way often found in analog mixing consoles
- EQ Match feature to automatically match the spectrum of another track via the side-chain input
- Auto Gain automatically adjusts the output gain to compensate for the audible gain loss or increase introduced by the active EQ bands
- Improved spectrum analyser with adjustable range, tilt, freeze, and horizontal zooming
- Optional piano roll display
- Flexible interface resizing
- Full output level meter
- Phase Invert option
- Highly improved CPU optimisation: Pro-Q 2 uses less memory and is more than twice as efficient as its predecessor!
- Improved analog magnitude matching in Zero Latency mode
Pricing And Upgrades
FabFilter Pro-Q 2 is now available for EUR 149, USD 199 or GBP 124, supporting both Windows and Mac OS X in VST and VST 3, Audio Units, AAX, RTAS and AudioSuite plug-in formats.
Existing FabFilter customers can purchase or upgrade to Pro-Q 2 with very attractive discounts by logging in to their online user account.
Try Before You Buy
You can download the Pro-Q 2 from the download page on the FabFilter site and try it out for free for 30 days. Then if you decide to buy it you just use your personal license key to unlock it.
Show & Tell Review Coming Soon
We will be making one of our show and tell reviews of this plug-in very soon.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)