ARTiST-MATRiX

Question Soundcloud Finally Introduces Ads

Soundcloud Finally Introduces Ads
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Dickens on August 20, 2014
    Thought that Soundcloud couldn’t get any worse? Think again. Now you can expect annoying product placement ads alongside your music, if you can get the site to ever load that is.

In an age where companies feel the need to squeeze money out of every corner of their product, even if it means sacrificing customer satisfaction, Soundcloud is joining the ranks of other money-grubbing companies like Facebook and..well mostly just Facebook.

Although the press release doesn’t say when we can expect these changes to roll out, we can’t imagine they’ll wait very long.[...]
    At the moment, it's not very clear how they want to implement this and at first, only users in the USA will have these ads.

For me personally and a fellow artist (and some others at other forums), SoundCloud has been getting worse over time and now they getting crap.

That means for me. If someone has posted a track / song here via SoundCloud, to get some feedback and SoundCloud inserts ads to it, I'll stop listening to the music from SoundCloud and don't give feedback any longer. I know I am a nobody and this probably will not bother anyone, but my opinion about this is clear.
    Last edited by ARTiST-MATRiX; 08-22-2014 at 02:55 PM.

I am
    Audio engineer
    I am
    Musician
    I am
    Singer

Skill level
    Amateur
    Media companies are also part owners soon...

I am
    Audio engineer
    I am
    DJ
    I am
    Musician
    I am
    Sound designer

Skill level
    Semi-pro
    I use adblock and noscript so doesn't matter so much to me

ARTiST-MATRiX
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi01 View Post
    I use adblock and noscript
    Me too and other thinks (e.g. HOSTS file) to block out advertising crap, but if they insert it into the audio, like some ads in videos, adblock, noscript and such will not do the trick. And if they use the same cdn they use for some play functions also for the ad you must allow it at all to can listen to the music.

I am
    Audio engineer
    I am
    DJ
    I am
    Musician
    I am
    Sound designer

Skill level
    Semi-pro
    yeah...

I am
    Audio engineer
    I am
    Musician
    I am
    Singer

Skill level
    Amateur
    Im sure they will do it like youtube.... and somthing like this will kill them.
    Code:
    document.cookie="VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=oKckVSqvaGw; path=/; domain=.youtube.com";window.location.reload();

ARTiST-MATRiX
    Hi olun.

I don't know if it would kill them, but for me it is a no go, if they put ads alongside into the art. If they'll do it like youtube it's reasonably OK for me, cause I never see ads on youtube (except than the short logo animations on some vids). I also do not store cookies from youtube, only temporarily some times, if I want to read some comments.
    Last edited by ARTiST-MATRiX; 09-05-2014 at 07:46 AM.

Thread Information