Lacie Offer New Life For E-Sata Owners Considering Thunderbolt
08-02-2014 07:17 AM
Thunderbolt is appearing on more and more Macs and some PCs and yet many professionals are sitting with E-Sata disk technology. Thunderbolt drive bays continue to be costly solutions and so making the switch to Thunderbolt can be painful and offputting.
If you have been considering using Thunderbolt but find yourself in this situation then you may not be aware of the LaCie eSATA Hub Thunderbolt Series.
Features Of The LaCie eSATA Hub Thunderbolt Series
- 10 Gbit/s Thunderbolt interfaceFull dual eSATA 3Gbit/s speeds
- Software RAID compatible using 2x eSATA drives for increased speed or data redundancy
- Dual Thunderbolt ports for daisy chaining up to six compatible storage devices together
- A single cable can connect up to six Hubs for a total of 12 eSATA devices
- Mini DisplayPort backward compatible for daisy chaining with other digital devices such as monitors and compatible cameras
- Optimized for LaCie d2 Quadra and 4big Quadra hard drives
Since Thunderbolt’s 10Gbit/s provides more than enough throughput to accommodate eSATA’s full 3Gbit/s transfer speeds, your drives are no longer restricted by the ExpressCard/34’s maximum bus speed of 2.5Gb/s.
The LaCie eSATA Hub Thunderbolt Series supports daisy chaining, so owners of computers with a single Thunderbolt connection can also use this to connect both existing eSata drives as well as a Thunderbolt audio interface.
Thunderbolt technology also supports two channels—one dedicated for data, and the other for video—each with 10Gb/s of bandwidth. This means you can push and pull audio/video data without reducing bandwidth.
One word of advice, please check compatibilty with your drive on the Lacis site before purchasing as some legacy drives are not supported.
Price is £149 and more information can be found here
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)