Audio Ease Release Speakerphone 2.1 With AAX & 64 Bit Support
07-24-2014 06:01 PM
Post peeps and audio manglers….. the wait is finally over. There is a new, free, Speakerphone 2.1 update from Audio Ease for Mac that adds AAX and 64 bits support for Pro Tools 11, some modern speakers and Retina display support.
Speakerphone 2.1 Details
- fully backward compatible with Speakerphone 2 (and 1), reads presets, settings and automation and sounds the same.
- 64 bits, all available plug-in formats (AAX, AudioUnit, VST and MAS)
- AAX (does require Pro Tools 10.3.8 or up, and of course also fully supported: Pro Tools 11)
- New smartphone, tablet and flatscreen TV speaker IRs added !
- New preset browser
- Factory presets also available in host format (Pro Tools, AudioUnit, VST)
- Retina display support
For Speakerphone 2.1 please however note the following:
- This new Speakerphone however requires an iLok 2 usb key (the black one with the blue led).
- This version is Mac only, Windows support is in the works, but not ready yet
To use Speakerphone 2.1 (or up) if you are an Ilok 1 user:
- you have to run the iLok License Manager app (available at www.ilok.com) to move the Speakerphone 2 license to the newer iLok 2 key.
- An iLok 2 usb key can be purchased at a not-for-our-profit price at the Audio Ease Store
Once you have the Speakerphone 2 license on an iLok 2 usb key you can download your Speakerphone 2.1 plug-in updater from here
As always before installing updates or changes, we strongly recommend you backup your system first - just in case (yes that includes you James!)
Now what does Led Zepplin sound like through an Ipad2 in a laundry room recorded with a U47? This is like “Audio Cluedo”! Have a manglytastic time……
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)