The Future Of Pro Tools - Avid Give Technology Preview
04-05-2014 08:36 PM
At their pre-NAB event, Avid spoke about the future of Pro Tools. Here are the highlights.
Pro Tools As Part Of The Avid Artist Suite
Avid are making Pro Tools part of the Avid Artist Suite of solutions. This is an umbrella term for the products that are available for audio and video professionals and not a box of products. In essence the Artist Suite comprises of the Pro Tools family of products currently Pro Tools HD, Pro Tools and Pro Tools Express and the Media Composer Suite of Products, Notation, pro mixing, live sound and graphics creation.
Pro Tools Cloud Collaboration
At last! With built-in “community” features, Pro Tools users will be able to create groups of collaborators, then see who’s online and available, and send invites for one or more people to contribute to a Pro Tools session. Avid aim to offer the chance to find collaborators through a Pro Tools directory. Avid hope that with track-based collaboration, you’ll be able to:
- Post sessions to cloud storage and invite others to collaborate
- Work on the same session at the same time or offline and share updates directly within Pro Tools
- Record, edit, and mix tracks that will be pushed to all other collaborators upon completion
- Automatically keep track of all contributions and changes, as files are automatically tagged with rich metadata
- Stream mixes to a mobile device for real-time review and approval
- Communicate with collaborators through text or video chat directly from within Pro Tools
Archive Your Pro Tools Sessions In Future Proof Formats
Avid are working on a new audio archival service that will enable you to store content and track it using encapsulated metadata. This technology is being designed so that assets can be accessed and played further down the line, even if technologies change or are unavailable—no matter how far out in the future you resurrect them.
You’ll be able to archive a simple stereo mix, the full session, individual stems, or even flatten all tracks so that the original plug-ins used to create them aren’t required.
In addition, we’re developing a new cloud storage service that will enable you to house archived sessions and files, plus all of the sessions, stems, and stereo mixes you make available to sell in the marketplace, making your files easily accessible from everywhere.
Avid Pro Tools Marketplace
The Avid Everywhere vision for music creation includes a marketplace. The marketplace will enable you to:
- Publish session files, multi channel stems, and stereo mix downs directly from Pro Tools for license in the public marketplace
- Gain exposure and opportunities to make money by connecting with media professionals looking to license music and sound assets
- Quickly find professional-quality content in the style and formats you need, as all files will contain rich, searchable metadata—whether you want a bounced-down stereo mix or a Pro Tools session with discreet tracks
- Rate and provide comments for media assets in the marketplace to help others in the community make more informed purchasing decisions
- Buy and sell music and audio content with all rights and price offerings managed for you
- Search for and purchase marketplace content and audio plug-ins directly from within Pro Tools—with no application restart required after installation
Organise Your Pro Tools Assets
Avid are working on integrating a new open, universal metadata schema into Pro Tools that enables you to track every asset and project created in the industry-standard DAW. Our metadata schema embraces industry standards and is extendible, ensuring that nothing gets lost in transition or translation.
- Track how audio assets and projects are created and who contributed to the creation
- Facilitate the metadata communication between content creators, distributors, and retailers, including data such as album name, song writers, release date, sales reporting, and licensing
- Monetize media assets through multiple distribution channels and by repurposing content
- Communicate the required data for distribution, usage, and rights management control
- Customize and automate workflows that connect content and commerce together
Avid claim that “by integrating a universal metadata schema directly into the DAW most widely used across music, film, and television production, any asset can be easily tracked across the entire production and media value chain—throughout its lifecycle—using a common set of standardized definitions accepted throughout the media industry.”
You can find out more from Avid here
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)