I am
    Musician

Skill level
    Amateur

Ken1 - The Seafarer

Hello Everyone!

This is a song I made back on January 1st, 2004. It's an acoustic guitar piece, and it's in a CUSTOM guitar tuning I invented ( from strings 6 to 1: D# - A - C - F# - B - D , whereas strings 6, 4, 3 and 1 are tuned DOWN either a 1/2 step or a WHOLE step from STANDARD tuning, and strings 5 & 2 remain the SAME). I CAN actually play this on guitar, but I decided to transcribe this piece using 'MusicLab RealGuitar VSTi' in Cubase SX 3 (although I'm currently using Cubase 5 now). Enjoy!

[MP3]http://www.soundpeak.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=80&d=1367176502[/MP3]

This track is also available on my SoundCloud profile at: https://soundcloud.com/kgm1973-1 . ALL of the other tracks present (and MANY MORE) are also FREELY available on my HOTMAIL Live! profile at: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=e3ec9...B52F7FD6AF!115 . Enjoy!

P.S.> Oh, I guess I should "warn" (for lack of a BETTER word, LOL!) everyone about 'DEMOS 1&2'. Personally, I don't really think they're all that good, but hey, you gotta start somewhere, right? I think the BETTER stuff is 'DEMOS 3g' & up, but hey, you might actually like the other stuff, too.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by KGM1973; 04-28-2013 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Well ... try to steer people toward what "I" think is my BETTER material ;-)
    Thanks and take care!

-- KGM1973

I am
    Audio engineer
    I am
    DJ
    I am
    Musician
    I am
    Sound designer

Skill level
    Semi-pro
    well that's a different tuning setup! the song sounds eerie at times with that tuning imo; kind of like what actually should be played in renaissance times to reflect the real mood of most castle courts in those days..

Admin

I am
    Audio engineer
    I am
    Musician

Skill level
    Semi-pro
    Hey KGM1973,

i really like that tune. It is somehow different than most other music i get to hear, so for that reason it is something special.

Thank you for sharing it with us

Kind regards,
    alphatonez

I am
    Musician
    I am
    Sound designer

Skill level
    Amateur
    it is good
    i like the chromatic progression harmonised by your individual tunings. very nice peice of music.
    thanks for sharing.

Thread Information