UAD Version 7.5 Software Announced By Universal Audio
02-21-2014 10:02 AM
Our friends at Universal Audio have announced UAD v7.5 software.
The software brings some new plug-ins as well as official AAX support for Mac. Owners of Apollo interfaces are given access to the cool new Unison technology first shown in the new Apollo. Twin interface. To see Unison in action then watch and hear the effect it has on the sound in this video from James Ivey.
New features include;
- UA 610 Tube Preamp & EQ Plug-In Collection
- Dangerous BAX EQ Plug-In Collection
- Unison™ technology for Apollo interfaces
- Mac AAX 64 support
- OS X Mavericks support
UAD plug-ins now powered by Unison technology are;
- API Vision Channel Strip
- UA 610-A Tube Preamp & EQ
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
How does Unison Technology work?
Also featured in this release is the Dangerous BAX EQ Plug-In Collection developed by the master of sound at Brainworx. UA say that “the Dangerous BAX EQ will make your mixes and masters clearer, richer, and better. Based on Peter Baxandall’s legendary 1950s EQ — a tone control that graced millions of hi-fi systems — the BAX EQ is a musically voiced “finishing EQ” that sweetens up program material by simultaneously employing broad, open curves and gently sloping cuts.
The Dangerous BAX EQ Plug-In Collection is the only circuit-accurate plug-in emulation of the original analog hardware, exclusively for UAD-2 DSP Accelerators and Apollo-equipped workstations.”
Other changes to the new 7.5 software include;
- (Console) Plug-in windows are offset for easier viewing when multiple UAD plug-ins are inserted
- (Console) Numeric key presses are passed to Pro Tools for improved control
- (Console) Resolved condition that allowed session files to be overwritten without warning
- (ATR-102) Resolved unresponsive DAW issue when Tape Delay was changed to value of 99
Owners of UAD should visit Universal Audio to download the new version
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)