Pro Tools 10.3.8 Now Available
12-24-2013 09:41 AM
Additional to the 11.1 update yesterday Avid also released Pro Tools 10.3.8.
Here are Avid’s release details with links to the readme files for sepecific bug fix details, along with the download link for the Mac OSX version (Windows version to follow).
Version 10.3.8 is officially qualified and recommended for:
- Pro Tools|HDX systems on Mac OS X 10.7-10.7.5, 10.8, 10.8.2 to 10.8.5 or Windows 7 SP1 (details)
- Pro Tools|HD Native systems on Mac OS X 10.6.7-10.7.5, 10.8, 10.8.2 to 10.8.5, or Windows 7 SP1 (details)
- Pro Tools|HD Native Thunderbolt systems on Mac OS X 10.7.5, 10.8, 10.8.2 to 10.8.5 (details)
- Pro Tools|HD Accel systems on Mac OS X 10.6.7-10.7.5, 10.8, 10.8.2 to 10.8.5 or Windows 7 SP1
- Pro Tools systems on Mac OS X 10.6.7-10.7.5, 10.8, 10.8.2 to 10.8.5 or Windows 7 SP1
Note: Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) is NOT supported with Pro Tools 10.3.x co-install. There are known issues (details)
*For Mac Pro computer support with Mountain Lion a Nehalem (4,1) or later is required. Click here for a full list of Qualified Apple computers with Pro Tools. Click here for more info on Mountain Lion OS compatibility.
Pro Tools 10.3.8 Read Me & Additional Notes
The Read Me file documents important compatibility information, known issues, error messages, etc.
Pro Tools HDX
- Support for the Magma ExpressBox 7 (EB7) and ExpressBox 3T (EB3T). See HDX System Requirements for more information.
Pro Tools HD Native Thunderbolt
Pro Tools HD Native PCIe
- For issues updating the HD Native PCIe card firmware see this article
- See the HD Native PCIe System Requirements page for more information
Pro Tools non-HD systems
- Click here for System Requirements
- Pro Tools 10.3.8 is a full installer
- Avid recommends uninstalling your current version of Pro Tools prior to installing 10.3.8
- Re-install the Drivers for your non-HD interfaces after a Clean Uninstall
- Pro Tools 10.x uses a single installer for both Pro Tools and Pro Tools HD. The installation is the same for both, only the iLok authorization is different
- The Pro Tools application is not automatically added to the Dock on Mac OS X, but can be manually added by dragging the application icon to the Dock
- See the Pro Tools 10.3 Software Installation Guide for complete instructions
- Pro Tools 10.3.8 and Mac OS X 10.8.5 are supported for co-install with Pro Tools 11.x (details)
- Mac OS X: Pro Tools 10.3.8 is NOT qualified with Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
- TDM Driver Support: When co-installing Pro Tools 10 and 11 with HD Accel TDM hardware, do NOT install the HD 11 drivers
- Satellite Link System Requirements
- Pro Tools 11.0.3 and earlier Satellites may stop before 11.1 (details)
- Pro Tools 11.0.3 and earlier “Error changing clocks” with Pro Tools 11.1 Satellite (details)
Late Breaking Technical Issues
- VocAlign AudioSuite version 3.0.8 crashes with Pro Tools 10.3.7 and higher. Use Pro Tools 10.3.6 until this is resolved if you need to use the VocAlign plug-in
- Troubleshooting steps for DAE error -9171/9172
- Sound Designer II support
- Review the Read Me file before updating to 10.3.8 for known issues that could impact your workflow.
- The Avid Virtual Instruments installer was updated to 10.3 on Mac to add support for Gatekeeper, whereas this installer remains at 10.0 for Windows. If needed, these files can be found in your Avid Account or through the Pro Tools 10.3 Downloads page.
- Click a link below to download the installer:
Pro Tools 10.3.8 Installer (Mac) [2384.2 MB]
Pro Tools 10.3.8 Installer (Win) - coming soon
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)