Admin

I am
    Audio engineer
    I am
    Musician

Skill level
    Semi-pro

Futucraft Kairatune - a free monophonic synth (VST/AU)

Kairatune is a monophonic synthesizer for PC & MAC (32-Bit/64-Bit). It's designed and engineered to be as powerful and versatile as possible in it's target role as your source for tight bass, unique lead and shiny SFX sounds.

Kairatune

Features

• Generator

The generator section has just one multi-oscillator. The basic waveform generator is very simple adjustable mix of sawtooth and square wave. The multi-oscillator generates five waveforms whose relative pitch, phase and amplitude may be configured and modulated enabling a rich set of tones. The multi-oscillator uses quite unusual technique that generates a single fundamental signal independently of the (multiple) overtones, preventing the beating effect that arises where several oscillators are output in slightly detuned unison, yet preserving the full and fat sound on the overtone spectrum. The method enables building very rich and full sounds on a perfectly solid bottom and is especially useful in creating tight bass and low register lead sounds.

• Pitch

The pitch can be modulated by a traditional vibrato, by a trill modulator and by a shared (sinewave) LFO source. The trill modulator is basically a square wave LFO. The modulation depth of all three modulators is independently controllable by an envelope. This enables the momentary use of quite extreme modulation. With the modulation envelopes the exact time and duration of the modulation can be set to produce some quite interesting effects and timbres.

• Spread

The spread section makes the sound appear to oscillate in the stereo field. It uses a variable amount of high frequency damping and delay to create the illusion of movement.

• Amp

The amp section modulates the amplitude by an AHDSR envelope and the shared LFO source and velocity. The asymmetric waveshaper can handle quite extreme driving without audible aliasing.

• Filters

The filters section has a resonant lowpass filter and a resonant highpass filter. The cutoff frequency can be modulated independently by an AHDSR envelope and the shared LFO source. The lowpass filter’s cutoff frequency can be modulated by a spread modulator, which creates interesting effect in the stereo image, especially on high resonance configuration.

• Effects

The effects section runs two delay units in parallel. One has a pre highpass filter and the other has a bandpass filter in the feedback chain. The cutoff frequency of the BPF is modulated by an dedicated LFO. The BPF delay is capable of some really interesting sounds on high feedback configuration. The effects section contains also a six stage phaser and two EQ units with selectable mode.

Demo

Website & Download

There will come a time when you've tried everything you're not and the only thing left will be what you are

Admin

I am
    Audio engineer
    I am
    Musician

Skill level
    Semi-pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWarrior
    Just loading the daw, to have a look at it
    hehe, no cheating, xmas is tomorrow, not today :P

If you want, let us know if the plugin is any good, i didn't have time to test it yet.
    There will come a time when you've tried everything you're not and the only thing left will be what you are

Thread Information