Six more things to think about when buying a Pro-Tools System:
1. Logic and an apogee or RME interface
2. Propellerhead's Reason, Live, Studio One, Cubase, Ohm Studio, Reaper etc and an inexpensive USB sound card.
3. An old but still functional 24 track tape machine.
4. Learning music notation and buying a pencil and a stack of lined paper.
5. Taking up contemporary dance instead.
6. Donating all the money you would have spent on a PT system to a worthwhile charity and moving to Africa to rescue endangered elephants.
tB doesn't like ProTools much.