Community Tip - Winner - Using iZotope RX's DeClicker To Tame Plectrum Sounds

10-19-2013 09:21 AM

With the support of iLok, more tips & tricks from the community. Here is the winner from podcast 86 from Niels Stummeyer….
Here is my work around with “nasty pleck sound” with a DI-Bass played with a pleck. When I have a bass line recorded through DI and played with a pleck, I use the iZotope RX2 Declicker with a soft sensitivity (between 3 and 5) to reduce the sound of the pleck. Often I find the “pleck sound” has too much attack but not in a good “rocking sound” way. So with the Declicker I can reduce just the tip of the attack sound and the bass becomes a bit smoother but still aggressive, because I don‘t have to cut of the highs with an Eq or De-esser. Sometimes the single band works better other times the M-band works very well. Thanks for your great work at PTE! I enjoy your site and all your hard work around the articles, videos and community work!
Russ has made a video to show this great tip at work.
If you would like the chance to win a stormtrooper iLok, courtesy of iLok like Niels has, send in tips you think no one has thought about. Please don’t just send shortcuts which are easily found elsewhere, or pull ideas from the manual; instead, be creative about your tips & tricks. Please use the Contact Us page to send us have your tips.