Community Tip - Recording Distorted Guitars

08-17-2013 10:00 PM

With the support of iLok, more tips & tricks from the community. This is from Erik Luper….
When working on distorted/crunched out guitars that were recorded from an amp, I always record a clean DI channel in case I need to use Elastic Audio.
Sometimes it’s very difficult to see where the individual notes are in the waveform of a recorded amp, which is why I use the clean audio track. I group it with the amp tracks and then set my analysis markers with the clean track.
I can then apply any quantisation I want on the amp tracks and then hide and make inactive the clean track. The other advantage is having the clean track for reamping just in case the amp tracks aren’t working in the mix.
If you want to find all the community tips then just click on the Community Tip tag at the bottom of the story and you will get them all together in one page.
If you would like the chance to win a stormtrooper iLok courtesy of iLok then please submit it to us using the Contact Us page. Please check the content on the site before you send it in to make sure that the idea hasn’t already been covered.