Community Tip - Rewire Pro Tools And Ableton Live

08-09-2013 10:00 AM

With the support of iLok, here is another tip from the community. Greg Chase, who is the founder of the Boulder Ableton User Group reached out to us after Russ posted a video on how to Rewire Logic & Reaper into Pro Tools. Greg says….
Hello to the Pro Tools Experts from across the pond! I recently watched your video on how to get Logic X and REAPER working in PT 11. However, nothing was mentioned about Live. As the founder of the Boulder Live User Group, as well as a PT user, I created a video explaining how to do this in 10. The process should work in Pro Tools 11 and Ableton Live 9. My process consists of ReWiring Live into Pro Tools, but also shows how to convert MIDI into audio during recording. I’ve been doing this for a little while due to compatibility issues. If someone does not have Live or an AU/VST, it makes sense to bounce the file to audio, versus dealing with software compatibility. Audio is much easier to deal with across systems compared to plugins. The link is below if you’re interested. Thanks for all you do, the blog is invaluable to so many around the world.