I am
    Musician
    I am
    Sound designer

Skill level
    Semi-pro

The new track by Moonmate

Hey guys,
    Check the new track. I tried to make it sound more classical. It is not featured with lots of effects, mind-blowing drums andsuper fat bass. This is just to catch the mood, just to listen but not to dance.

Moonmate
    Last edited by Moonmate; 07-17-2013 at 01:20 PM.

I am
    Musician
    I am
    Sound designer

Skill level
    Semi-pro

A few more tracks

Guys,

A few more tracks. Your feedbacks are appreciated - both positive and negative

Moonmate

Admin

I am
    Audio engineer
    I am
    Musician

Skill level
    Semi-pro
    Hey Moonmate

My personal charts:

#1: Pet The Night (Like that one very much)
    #2: Bruised Reset Button (Funny name, is there a story behind it ?)
    #3: Casualty Of The Question (I'm not a pro in music theory, but to me some notes sounded a bit weird ?)

Thanks for sharing your music with us, i enjoyed listening to it and hope you're going to share more in the future

Kind regards,
    alphatonez

Admin

I am
    Audio engineer
    I am
    Musician

Skill level
    Semi-pro
    Badgers have a very short attention span and we know absolutely nothing about music. Mostly we think about food, lady badgers and not being minced by flailing farm machinery.

For this reason, your track 'bruised reset button' started at about 2:13 for me. At least, that's where I would've started it because it had some 'impact' with that heart-beat kick.

But hey... Mostly I was just pleased to have something new to listen to Moonmate, mate.

I enjoyed listening to your songs.

Keep them coming!

tB.

I am
    Musician

Skill level
    Amateur
    like the 3rd track thanks

I am
    Audio engineer
    I am
    DJ
    I am
    Musician
    I am
    Sound designer

Skill level
    Semi-pro
    #1 - great lounge track great as it is!
    $2 - that tempo is not my thing but nice arvo beer garden track
    #3 - same as #2

nice production moonmate and nice feeling thanks for sharing

I am
    Musician
    I am
    Sound designer

Skill level
    Semi-pro
    Thank you guys and sorry for keeping silence!

I am
    Musician

Skill level
    Amateur
    Just listened to your offering..

Track 1 has some really nice sounds but I think the rhythm section could be a bit more upfront.
    Track 2.. hmmm.. I found the intro too long.. in fact, each of the 5 sections could do with shortening a little. It would help to hold the listener's attention and interest in the track. Good sounds again, slightly lean on the bass side, perhaps.
    Track 3.. nice track. The vocal part could do with a bit more "body". And the sound of the bass line (starting at about 1.30) is, to my ears and my system, a bit wholly, or rubbery, if you like. Not clear and defined. This gives the impression of the track missing a real bass. The kickdrum is not really enough to give all the low-end support needed.

Great work as a whole, anyway. I could not do it!!!

Thanks for sharing these with us all. Bear in mind that this is not the sort of music I usually listen to so all my comments are very personal and given from a "ignorant" point of view

I am
    Musician

Skill level
    Semi-pro
    my meager opinion.

moose is spot on about track 1. we need more drums man.. little less floating around.. your taking us through all these sound scapes.. thats cool.. but we should do this rather quickly... not just floating about. i would not be afraid to change that cello string sound either.. its rather cold to me.

badger is spot on in track 2. just cut the whole beginning off.. start at 2:13 start singing at 2:46. when that starts.. i hear "love is blindness by u2" with a depeche mode twist.

track 3 has awesome sounds.. seriously.. it's great production too.. i like this idea the most. we need a singer and in my opinion something real going on. if i were producing it i would eliminate one of those busy synths and give the space to a live instrument. the drums in track 3 MUST be more loud.. more dynamic. more real sounding... the strings could be much quieter.. nice bass sound and movement.. i never compliment people on there bass.. because i'm a bass fucking freak.. i love what your doing with the bass in this.
    its just a little too much synth.. keep the piano and get rid of some of the others.. get a vocalist.. its a song.. it has something important to say... i love #3 the most. it has the most creative potential hands down.

Thread Information