Your daily news reporter Newsbot's Avatar

Post Yellofier Lets You Turn Anything Into Music

Yellofier Lets You Turn Anything Into Music

06-24-2013 11:21 PM

The Yellofier App - Anything becomes music was uploaded by: ElectronicBeatsVideo
    Duration: 176
    Rating: Continue reading →
    soundpeak @ Facebook :: Twitter :: Google+ :: SoundCloud :: YouTube

I am
    Audio engineer
    I am

Skill level
    Back in the late 80s, when I first got hold of a sampler, I used it for fun projects like this. It was new. I sampled farts and girls and sheep and forks and just about anything available. Of course in those days it took ages to turn those samples into usable musical instruments using only 768k of 12bit ram. The best sound I made was a from a girlfriend saying "hmmm" in a sexy way. Somehow I turned that into a really usable pad sound. These days I only use my sampler to play back commercial sounds. Like a hardware rompler with insufficient ram; but this app has inspired me to record the sound that is made when I strike the studio cat with a large rubber mallet and chop it up into tiny morsels of feline torture. (I'll chop the the sound, not the cat. I'm not that callous!)

(No actual cats were harmed in the making of this post.... She's out hunting right now. No doubt she'll bring back a bird or a mouse or possibly a frail old lady and deposit the unfortunate creature in the live room, as usual.)

Thread Information