Charlatan is a polyphonic, subtractive virtual analog (VA) synthesizer plugin with design focus on sound quality and easy usability. The design philosophy was to provide a feature set just flexible enough to cover a wide range of sounds while deliberately abstaining from countless parameters and modulation options cluttering the user interface and distracting from the creative process.
That being said, Charlatan's architecture is flexible enough to create all kinds of sounds, from conventional classic leads, basses and pads to weird blips and noises.
While making no compromise about sound quality, the algorithms have been optimized for efficient CPU usage making Charlatan well suited as a "bread and butter" synth even in projects with a large number of plugin instances.
- 2 oscillators with triangle, sawtooth, rectangle
- oscillator pulse-width modulation (PWM) and slew rate modulation (morphing between triangle and sawtooth)
- oscillator hard synchronization and ring modulation
- noise source with low/highpass filter
- 2 ADSR envelope generators
- LFO with host tempo synchronization
- 3 filter types modeled after classic analog hardware: 4-pole (24 db/oct) and 2-pole (12 db/oct) lowpass, bandpass
- filter code based on nonlinear zero-delay feedback technique for accurate emulation of analog counterparts
- 3 voice modes: Monophonic with retriggering, Monophonic Legato and 8-voice Polyphonic
- low CPU usage
- 100% coded in C++
- native 64-bit support
Website & Download
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)