Avid Announce The New VENUE S6L Control Surface
04-11-2015 02:09 PM
Avid have announced the new VENUE | S6L control surface described by them as:
a modular system designed to take on the world’s most demanding tours and events with ease.The current Avid Venue console is hugely popular in the live mixing market and is indeed a hard act to follow. Avid hope this will be something to build on that success.
- Meet the most demanding live sound challenges with the industry’s most powerful processing engine
- Deliver the best sound quality possible with high-performance preamps running at high sample rates
- Experience unmatched sound processing and tactile control through fully integrated, on-board plug-ins from Avid and our development partners
- Get unprecedented Pro Tools capabilities, including Virtual Soundcheck, over Ethernet AVB and Thunderbolt*—no interface required
- Share I/O across multiple networked systems with advanced gain tracking
- Gain unmatched visual feedback and instant access to your most important functions through high-resolution touchscreens and OLED displays
- Freely configure the modular system components and I/O to meet the demands of any live production
- Interface with a range of network and I/O formats—including Ethernet AVB, Dante, MADI, Thunderbolt, and more*—for total connectivity freedom
- Enjoy the familiar VENUE workflows and interface you know and love, with total show file compatibility
There’s an excellent video including some top mix professionals and of course Robert Scovill, a hugely respected live mixer for bands like Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and Rush.
Robert also works as a specialist for Avid and it shows. Their live products in particular seemed to be informed by the expertise of practitioners like Robert… now if Avid could just clone him a few times!
Anyway, there’s no official date for shipping, but more information can be found on here.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)