Sonivox Announce Film Score Companion
04-04-2015 03:00 PM
Sonivox have announced Film Score Companion, a library aimed at those making music for film, TV and games and it features what they consider to be everything a composer would need.
Film Score Companion, a comprehensive music composition software suite comprised of five individual instrumental collections, geared to the demanding needs of filmmakers and game creators. It’s designed to be the most complete, most accurate and lifelike, easiest-to-use music creation tool for films that has ever been done.
This is an expansive suite of recordings comprised of 5 distinct collections:
- Orchestral Companion Strings—9 GB library comprising string ensembles for 1st violins, 2nd violins, violas, cellos and basses. Articulations include sustains, espressivo, staccato, pizzicato, tremolos and more.
- Orchestral Companion Brass—5 GB library comprising Solo and Ensemble Trumpets, Solo and Ensemble Trombones, Solo and Ensemble French Horns and Tuba. Articulations include sustains, staccato, marcatto, mutes, and more.
- Orchestral Companion Woodwinds—9 GB library comprising Piccolo, Flute, Oboe, English Horn, Clarinet, Bass Clarinet, Bassoon. Solo and ensembles versions of each as well as full woodwind ensemble patches.
- Eighty Eight Ensemble—11 GB collection featuring a Steinway 9-foot CD337 Concert Grand, recorded in the same hall as the orchestral instruments for a perfect mix.
- Big Bang Cinematic Percussion—15 GB library of 200 different percussion instruments ranging from classical to ethnic to pure raw power hits.
- Each of the 5 collections above is also available and sold separately. Customers who may own Eighty Eight or Big Bang Cinematic Percussion are eligible to upgrade at a reduced price.
Each patch and preset is easily playable by virtually any level of performer. All instruments are presented in multi-velocity layers, with natural swells available via the modulation wheel. MIDI key-switching provides on-the-fly articulation changes for select patches. The internal sound engine provides additional modulation (LFO) sources, dynamic envelope control, and studio-grade reverb/effects to allow creative customization of the onboard sounds.
Award-winning engineers Antonio Oliart and John Bono recorded everything at the legendary Futura Productions studios in Massachusetts. Members of the Boston Pops and Boston Ballet Orchestras played all performances with the same premium instruments they use for their actual concerts. A combination of spot and ambient mic’ing captured every instrumental nuance, while preserving the refined acoustics of the performance space itself. Benchmark-caliber preamps fed premium-level A/D convertors to complete a pristine audio signal chain, resulting in impeccable realism.
The players were positioned using orchestrally-correct seating, and measures were even taken to compensate for the sound-absorption effect of any players absent on that particular day.
For more information visit the Sonivox web site.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)