Win Focusrite Red 2 EQ & Red 3 Compressor Plug-ins
04-01-2015 10:00 AM
We have teamed up with Focusrite to give away a RED 2 and RED 3 plug-in bundle every day this month. Even better during Musikmesse we will be giving away 3 bundles every day. So if you don’t own a Focusrite interface and would like the chance to win RED 2 and RED 3 plug-ins then enter the competition below.
When James reviewed these plug-ins he wanted to explore if it was possible to mix a track only only using the Red 2 & Red 3 plug-ins.
To answer that question, he tries this approach on a guitar led rock track with vocals. Watch as James takes you on a tour of the GUI and shows off some go the plug-in presets and applies his ideas to these powerful yes affordable plug-ins.
The Red 2 & Red 3 Plug-in Suite accurately models Focusrite’s classic Red range equalizer and compressor hardware – letting you exploit the originals’ famous sound, conveniently from within your audio software.
Let’s look at design of the original hardware….
- The Red 2 hardware is derived from the ISA 215 equalizer circuits, initially designed for the Focusrite Forte console with it’s 6-band configuration with high and low-pass filters.
- The Red 3 hardware uses the same circuit topology as the ISA130 compressor module, based around an innovative proprietary VCA design that earned Focusrite a TEC award for Outstanding Technical Achievement in Signal Processing Technology. The unique implementation utilises three VCAs in series on the side chain to achieve true compression followed by limiting.
The Red 2 and Red 3 plug-ins faithfully reproduce the sonic qualities of the hardware, allowing you to get detailed dynamic and tonal control of your mix, and tap into the classic ‘Red’ sound.
Enter To Win Here
* indicates required
Email Address *
First Name *
Last Name *
What type of Pro Tools System do you run? * Native / host based / Vanilla HDX HD Native HD TDM I don’t use Pro Tools
Who is your audio interface made by? * Focusrite Avid M-Audio Apogee Universal Audio RME Other
If Focusrite were a car which brand would they be? * Ford VW Audi Mercedes
Terms And Conditions:
- One entry per email address, one win per person.
- No cash alternative.
- No training is offered with this product.
- Some regions may prohibit shipping of this product, if this is the case we cannot offer an alternative.
- You are responsible for any import and purchase taxes that may be applied by the tax authorities in your region.
- By entering you are giving us and Focusrite permission to email you with news and offers that may be of interest to you. You can unsubscribe at any time after the contest has ended.
- Judges decision are final, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Ends last day of April 2015
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)