Pro Tools Expert Podcast 159
03-24-2015 10:48 AM
Russ Hughes, Mike Thornton, James Ivey and Dan Cooper bring you a bumper show catching up with talking points, tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Titles We Like
- Virtual CZ From Plugin Boutique £37 - 35% Discount
- Zplane Vielklang Instant Harmony V2.0 Plug-in £59 - 26% Discount
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
- The Apollo Plug-In Promo runs until 31 March. Purchase an Apollo audio interface and get up to $1295 in FREE UAD-2 Plug-ins
- New Pro Tools Expert Web site launch 30th March,
- We will try an make the transition as smooth as possible
- We have sent an email to all all subscribers on the site, with instructions on what to do we we change over so you can benefit the new features for subscribers.
- Real World Review of the Focusrite RED 1 500 series preamp
- 5 Tips For Tracking Electric Guitar
- The Plug-ins I Reach For When Mixing In Pro Tools - What Are Yours? Poll
- Podcast Extra Interview With Steve Genewick
- 5 Reasons For Making Demos Before Producing A Song
- Pro Tools 12 Goes On Sale In The Avid Store
- Excalibur - The Multi Effects Plug-in From Exponential Audio Is Here
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
- Joe Teresi shared some thoughts about options to keep track of what still needs to be done on an album project. RecallTone is the plug-in we couldn’t remember.
- Ian Dearden would like us to make a video on using Audiomux and Midimux with Pro Tools and Mac OS X.
Questions - Kindly Sponsored by Alchemea
- Andy Smit has some problems with shortcuts created using the Mac OS. Do we have any advice? How To Make Your Own Shortcuts In Pro Tools
- Rudolph Greaux would like our advice as he upgrades from a G4 Mac to a Mac Pro as he has old PCI card and a Digidesign 96 interface.
- Joe Lahart is having problems with the menu items not drawing until the mouse goes over where they should be.
- Michele Centonze is having problems with Pro Tools 11 only using 1 CPU as well as trouble with MIDI data being bend when tracking and ahead on playback.
- Anthony Timmers is switching from an iMac to a Mac Pro and wanted advice on the best machine to use.
Find Of The Week
- Russ - Disksomnia App - keeping drives awake
- Mike - Pro Tools doesn’t like the letter C. it transpires that if you name a bounce file Mix in C that the file comes back as Mix in_01. No C! If the C isn’t preceded by a space it is OK. If C is in the middle of a name its OK.
- James - D’Addario NYXL guitar strings…. They last forever…. and sound great. New metal thing going on so they sound better for longer.
- Dan - New Insights and tools to help you share your music, engage your fans, and build a career on YouTube.
Listen on to the Pro Tools Expert Podcast on iTunes
Download the Pro Tools Expert Podcast as an MP3
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)